Sunday, July 6, 2014

REVAMP '14! #3: 4th of July Edition

Hey guys!

*sigh* this whole staying on schedule thing is harder than I thought it would be! I know I didn't post anything "revamp-ish" this past Friday, mostly because it was the Fourth of July and I had my family and some awesome family friends over and basically this week has been a HUGE BLUR. It was awesome and fun, but man, as soon as everyone left this morning, everything was so quiet. And all the nights of staying up late caught up to me.

So, today was a semi-lazy day. That "semi-" prefix is there because I eventually got out of the house (thanks to my friend Michael and McDonald's).

ANYWAYS!

Welcome to REVAMP '14!: Fourth of July Edition! We're gonna take a look at a couple of Fourth of July outfits that me and Caylin wore to celebrate the independence of our great nation! :)

Shall we get started?


Caylin's Paisly Patterned Top



Umm, first of all, beautiful picture of one of the SHAWTIES! Just sayin'! :D And I love, love, LOVE this top! It's totally flattering to Caylin's figure!

Here's what she had to say about it:

"I was immediately drawn to this shirt. I saw it at Target and especially loved the fact that it had longer sleeves, but still looked feminine. he sunglasses are Ray Bans and I think they are nice because they spice up an outfit."


My Anchors Away Tank and Patterned Shorts



LOL, don't mind my crazy sister and friend in the background :)

My tank is from Kohl's. They had all their spring/summer stuff out, and I saw this and knew that I had to have it. Can't remember how much I paid for it, but it's definitely one of my faves! I've always worn well-fitted tanks, but I love the flowiness of this tank!

You can kinda see the pattern of my shorts. If you take a quick glance, it looks like a tye dye pattern, but it's not, and it's not a paisley pattern either. It's some sort of fancy pattern, and on each leg, it's a little ripped or shredded. They came from Forever21, and I'm pretty sure they were on sale since I wasn't able to use the 20% coupon they were passing out in the store ('twas tragic, really).

My stepdad kind of made me realize this, but my outfit has the perfect red, white, and blue balance. And yes, you read that right: my stepdad noticed how much work I put into this outfit for the Fourth (probably because he's been reading the past few REVAMP posts haha). I subconsciously thought of all of this: do I have enough blue? Is there too much red? Should I go with dark shorts or light shorts since I don't really have a lot of blue, but I don't have any white? These are the questions that must be asked when picking an outfit for an event such as the Fourth of July.


But that concludes the 4th of July edition of REVAMP '14! Remember, if you're participating in the Revamp, or if you really like your style and are wanting to be a part of the blog, contact me in the contact box at the top right-hand corner of the blog. Send me your name; your age; the piece of clothing or whatever you want to share; and a short description of what it is, why you bought it/why it's a part of your revamp, where you got it from, and how much it is. You don't have to be doing an "official" revamp, but if ya love the clothes you wear, then share them with us! We'd love to hear from you!!

Well, there ya go. Two days late on the revamp post this time. So sorry for the wait! I'll try harder this week to get it done by Friday, but I won't make any promises! 

Hope everyone's fourth of July weekend was good! It's JULY already. That is so crazy to me! Summer goes by way too fast for my liking, but I'm gonna enjoy every day I have left, even if I do have to go to work LOL.

Praying that you all have an amazing week!

luv ya!
*~.Mishy.~* (^^) <3

2 comments:

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)