Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Grateful

It's about 2am in good ole California, but after reading Bria's blog post tonight about "Spontaneity," I just HAD to write a blog post too haha. (BTW, my bestie Bria now has a BLOG called "Sporadicalness"! You should definitely check it out! Just click HERE!)

But anyways, back to the subject at hand...

I am just so grateful.

Bria and I have been texting back and forth these past few weeks since I've been out of town, and we've talked about all sorts of things. But we both agreed that we're just SO EXCITED about this time in our lives, where lots of things are just going great. Not everything, mind you, but LOTS OF THINGS! (^^)

Summertime, getting jobs, having best friends, and great KPOP bands having comebacks were just a few awesome things that we were excited about. Seriously, I am just so PUMPED about ALMOST EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW. God has given me so much that I'm grateful for.

Today was just perfect. I recently started learning how to crochet, but got frustrated the first time I attempted it. But today, I picked up that yarn and that J hook, pulled up Youtube, and roughly got through about 5-6 steps on how to make this beanie. And I am so grateful for that!

My cousin Tyler and his fiancee Dani came over and we just sat outside talking as Tyler shot soda cans, water bottles, and this target that my aunt drew on a piece of wood. The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold.

And we ended the day with a great fire and s'mores! :) One of the best summer treats EVER!

Did I mention that I was grateful? LOL

God has just given me so much every day, and rarely do I ever give thanks for it. He's given me a great family, one that spreads across from coast-to-coast; great friends, who sprinkle throughout the country; a great school to go to; awesome clothes to wear; other great material possessions; salvation through His Son's death...there's just so much to name that my brain can't even process it all this late at night :P

But yeah...I'm just grateful. And I encourage you to take some time out of your day to stop listening to music, watching TV, or whatever you usually do during the summer and just sit in silence and think about how much God has given you. And to tell Him, "Thank You, Lord."

I'm sure there are some of y'all who are hurting right now, some who have actually lost some thing or someone dear to them. But despite your loss, I know that there are things that God has blessed you with that maybe some people don't have on a day-to-day basis. I understand, there are things you wish for, hope for...but maybe it's time to thank God for the things and people you do have right now; the things and people that could be taken away from you at any second.

Just a late-night thought. I'm hoping it make sense because, despite my proofreading this before I post it, it's still 2am, and I am TIRED.

I'm praying for you all! Hope you're enjoying your summer so far!!! (^^)

LOVE Y'ALL!
*~.Mishy.~* (^^) <3

2 comments:

  1. dude, your thoughts are making perfect sense; and,gratefulness is something we all need tofocus on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man! :D I'm glad it made sense because I'm tellin' you, I was going to bed last night wondering if my thoughts on this post made any sense haha! I know I definitely need to focus on gratefulness!

      Delete

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)