Monday, March 10, 2014

#SB2k14, Day 2: The Road to Bainbridge

'Sup guys?!

So, we finally got on the road today! It was a little later than we originally planned (since ya know, we SPRUNG FORWARD an hour and weren't used to the loss of an hour of sleep), but we still made it here!

The trip was good. Not much traffic at all since it was Sunday. The trip was 6 hours long, but I don't know, it seemed longer to me. Maybe because I was just ready to be there. 

We didn't have an iPod connector, and Caylin didn't make any CDs for us to listen to, so we hopped back and forth from radio station to radio station. It wasn't too bad, plus we listened to Caylin's random CD (that we've listened to a billion times, but it's still great). 

We made a couple of stops, one at a Dunkin' Donuts/gas station the other at another gas station. I feel like it was a pretty chill trip. 

We rode on country roads for a little over 100 miles, which kind of blew my mind. I actually fell asleep for most of it. I had just never seen so much...empty...land...for miles. We were hitting small towns here and there, and when I checked my phone, I had no service. Meaning, we were gonna be out there. But hey, I actually like it out here. Away from all the semi-big town craziness and the college campus craziness. Nice and quaint. A little southern lovin'.

Mrs. Walsingham made spaghetti with meatballs and sausages and garlic bread for dinner, and we had homemade cupcakes for dessert (also for a post-birthday celebration for Caylin's brother, Corban). We also caught Bria and Caylin up on The Walking Dead and watched the new episode that aired tonight. The new episode was so good, and it was nice to just sit and watch TV and not think about anything else, except for maybe what our plans were going to be tomorrow.

This week is going to be a BLAST! Beautiful, solid R&R.

Well, that's all I have for today! Here's a sneak-peek of what could possibly come tomorrow:
  1. Going into Bainbridge: we're possibly going to walk around the town square and go to a coffee shop called The Bean. Sounds pretty exciting to me, and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!
  2. Alone time: we all have separate things to accomplish tomorrow. Caylin's planning on cleaning the insider of her car, Bria's gonna start on some homework...I should start on some homework too, since I have one big assignment to accomplish for the Monday we get back. But I kind of just want to start learning Hangul (the Korean alphabet) or start reading The Help (for FUN). I don't know, we'll see what happens...
  3. Taylor: We have to drive to the Tallahassee airport to pick up Taylor. Apparently, it takes 2 hours to get there. Looks like we'll be road-trippin' again tomorrow too! But it won't be too bad. I'm actually kind of excited for it. I like traveling! :)
Well, that is all! Hope those of you on break are making the most of it! And those who have school tomorrow, YOU CAN DO THIS! You can conquer this week!

#luvya!
~ Mishy. (^^) <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)