Sunday, March 9, 2014

#SB2k14, Day 1: Still on Campus

FREEDOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! \(^^)/

Y'all, I am on SPRING BREAK! And ya know what THAT means! Time for my ANNUAL SPRING BREAK SERIES! This year it will be called #SB2k14! I am so excited for this time of relaxation I get to have with my closest friends, tha SHAWTIES in Bainbridge, Georgia, Caylin's hometown!

But today was technically the first day of spring break, and we aren't in Bainbridge just yet. We had to wait for Bria to come back from her SEPA conference (it's a psychology conference). But we're packing up the car and leaving tomorrow morning! SO PUMPED. :)

So today, Caylin, Taylor, and I woke up super early (like at 5:30am) to take Taylor to the airport. She's going back home for a couple of days and then she'll fly out Tallahassee, FL, where we will pick her up and bring her to Bainbridge!

Anyways, so we drove Taylor to the airport and then Caylin and I drove back towards the mountain. Our original plan was to get Chik-fil-A for breakfast, but then we realized that we didn't know if there was a Chik-fil-A en route to campus. 

"Hey, let's eat Taco Bell! They serve breakfast," Caylin said enthusiastically.

I was skeptical, however. But I mean, could you blame me? Am I the only one who thinks that Taco Bell breakfast sounds like the sketchiest thing ever

Anyways, so we went to Taco Bell, and I wasn't planning on getting anything. But as soon as we arrived, I got really hungry, so I decided, eh, why not? We went inside and looked at the breakfast menu. Nothing looked really appealing to me, but Caylin said she was going to get the A.M. crunch wrap with some Cinnabon cream-filled doughnut hole-type things. I decided to hop on the A.M. crunch wrap train minus the Cinnabon things.

We sat down, opened the crunch wraps, took one bite, and was surprised to find that it was really good. I wasn't expecting something so great tasting, and Caylin was expecting maybe something average tasting, but SHOOT those A.M. crunch wraps were GOOD. So, if you ever need breakfast and there's a Taco Bell nearby, I recommend the A.M. crunch wrap. You never know until you try!

We got back to campus and went back to sleep for a few hours (it was so nice to be able to do that). I woke up at 11am to start doing laundry and getting things ready to pack for the trip to Bainbridge. Now, I don't know about any of y'all, but when I start packing for a trip, I tend to do everything else but pack. So, I folded laundry and took some clothes out of my drawers and rearranged them and swapped all my winter time sweaters for t-shirts, tanks, and dresses (I'm praying that by the time we get back to the mountain from spring break, winter will have left permanently).

I did manage to set aside all the things I wanted to pack for spring break, though, so I was still pretty productive. Caylin and I made a trip down the mountain for a Wendy's lunch and then we got some cake pops from Starbucks. Only, little did we know, that everyone on the face the of planet (***extreme exaggeration) would be at Rock City today

So, we ended parking in a lot farther from Starbucks. The walk wasn't too bad, but there were parking spots right next to the Starbucks. Well, either way, we got some chocolate cake pops and headed back to campus to continue packing and doing laundry.

Also, I got a call from Pa saying that he was going to come see me before I left for spring break. You have no idea how happy I was. I'd been wanting to see my parents for a while now since the past couple of weeks have been rough and, unlike some college students, I was in major need of some parental lovin'. And he was bringing a care package filled with fruit snacks, green tea, honey, Propel berry packets, and laundry detergent! Whoo-hoo!

So, he arrived while I was hand-washing some clothes and hanging them out to dry, and Bria arrived around the same time too. Pa took me out to Olive Garden for dinner and we stopped by Dunkin' Donuts to get a dozen of them for the road trip tomorrow. I had such a great time talking with him and spending time with him. I think that it was definitely something I needed before my spring break could officially begin.

After he dropped me off back on campus, I gathered the rest of my clothes, packed them all in my suitcase, took a shower, packed most of my toiletries, and here I am!

I'm so excited to share this year's spring break adventure with y'all! I'll make sure to blog every day and include pictures when we go to fun places. We plan on going to Tallahassee, Florida for a beach day trip at some point, so there'll most likely be pictures of that.

But yeah, the first day of spring break was busy, but successful! I'm ready to hit the road tomorrow!

If any of y'all are on spring break, I hope you enjoy your time off of school! I hear that a lot of people are trying to get down to Florida for the sun, sand, and surf. Wherever you're going, I hope you have an UH-MAZING time with your friends or family! 

Come back tomorrow for the second day of #SB2k14! See ya then! 

#luvya!
~ Mishy (^^) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)