Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Iron Sharpening Iron" Despite the Distance

Hey y'all!

Yeah, it's been a while since I've blogged. It's really been a rough couple of weeks, actually. Nothing COMPLETELY DEVASTATING...nothing has really destroyed my life or turned my world upside down...

A really good friend of mine Caylin Walsingham came out with her VERY FIRST SINGLE "Guy I Don't Know"! Y'all should check it out! Make sure to like it on Youtube, comment your thoughts, and spread it around as much as you can! (^^) You can check it out HERE.

So, that's been great. I finally got back into working out. I've been using Mom's Total Gym and it actually does make me break a sweat (I no longer fear sweat. As someone on Pinterest said: "SWEAT is FAT CRYING.") I could do better with my cardio. I ran around the park ONCE yesterday and was so exhausted afterwards that I almost felt like I was going to pass out in my car.  (So. Pathetic. I blame the Savannah heat and humidity...)

Lately my days have been filled with several things: texting (I am missing the girls on my hall LIKE CRAZY lately. Not to mention everyone who's home wants to hang. So my thumbs are getting a workout!), watching Netflix (I'm trying to watch all the seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender right now. Go ahead and judge me, call me a nerd or whatever. It's a good cartoon series!), pinning madly on Pinterest (my poor followers. They've been exploded with all my KPOP pins. Their news feeds have probably been covered in Korean guys. Sorry!^^), and guitar playing (getting better every time I practice!)

But there's been something that hasn't been filling my summer days: Bible-reading and praying. I actually do more praying than Bible-reading, but they go hand-in-hand. And as a Christian, I should want to read my Bible.

But...it's summer time. I've gone from a busy, hectic, do-something-every-hour schedule in college to a do-nothing, sleep in, and free-to-do-whatever "schedule" at home. Sure, there are small things like appointments to go to before I head out to California, but that's no big deal. Sadly though, all this not doing stuff is not motivating me to read my Bible. :( 

I was talking to my good friends Caylin and Bria tonight. There's so much going on in our lives still, despite us being out of college. And it seems even tougher since we all haven't been getting our daily encouragement from our Main Enourager, Jesus. 

Caylin and I talked about tons of things going on in her life, and one of the things that came up was how we've been struggling with reading our Bibles. Both of us have barely picked up our Bible since we've been home. Caylin made a good point about how at Covenant, we were surrounded and encouraged daily to have our devotion time and to talk with God. And she's so right; it's harder at home not having those encouragements given daily. It's up to us to set aside time to be in the Word and to pray.

After having a great talk with Caylin, Bria and I were texting and then she called me and was telling me how she also hadn't been reading her Bible or praying. Other people had told me of their struggle to stay in the Word during the summer as well. 

God has blessed me with such amazing friends! It's so refreshing to be able to talk to each other about our struggles and to encourage one another, even if we are miles away from each other. I was telling Caylin how we should all be praying for each other in our spiritual walks since it's a really crucial time for all of us right now with lots of stuff going on. Caylin said it in the great famous way: "iron sharpening iron!"

I am missing Caylin, Bria, Taylor, and Corinne SO MUCH tonight. I wish we were all crowded in my and Taylor's room, drinking tea, eating chips, and talking about life and the promises that God has given us: that His Will will be done and that He will never leave us; that He knows our hearts and that He loves us and cares for us. 

Tonight, I'm praying for them and for the rest of us who have had a rough time getting back into our Bible reading this summer. Sure, it may seem like a chore now, but after continuously doing it and feeling the assurance and comfort that we gain from reading the promises of God, it will become something we want to do...not what we have to do.

Whatever you are going through, I pray that you will always remember that Your Savior is BIG and that He is by your side through all of the hurt, the confusion, the frustration, and the fear you are going through. 

Remember that God wants to listen to you speak to Him. Lift up a prayer expressing your feelings and thoughts to Him! He is listening!!! 

Remember that His words of comfort are kept away in the Bible. Set aside thirty minutes to an hour and read a chapter of your favorite books in the Old Testament and New Testament! In the Psalms and Proverbs and in the history of the Jews, you can see the faithfulness of God!

And remember that you are not alone in this. Your brothers and sisters in Christ are with you! Grab a small group of close friends and express your feelings, explain what you've read in the Bible, ask for prayer! Keep each other accountable, for "iron sharpens iron"! :)

I hope that your summer/end of the school year is going well! Praying for all of you! 

LOVE YA!
*~.Mishy.~* (^^) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)