Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sweet Tea #3...Part 2

Hey y'all! Sweet Tea post #3 Part 2 COMIN' ATCHA! :D

Yeah, I realize that technically it's Saturday and not Friday (forgive me. I was distracted by comfy clothes, The Walking Dead, friends, and tea). But I am here nonetheless! Now that you've been updated on most of my life, now to take care of the other pieces of me...

Tunes

Oh man. SO MUCH great music has been played through my beautiful blue headphones and blasted at dance parties. It amazes me how much music is a big part of my life. I listen to it in the morning, when I'm taking a shower, or when I'm changing an outfit or making coffee.

*Sigh* It's gonna be hard to compact the music I've been listening to in five songs. But I think I can manage. Let's see, what have I been listening to lately...


  1. "Love Song" by Royal Tailor - I LOVE this song!!! I never really listened to Royal Tailor that much, but I found out that they just recently released their self-titled album, so I decided to check it out. And this song, oh man...it pulls at my heartstrings. It's definitely a love song, but it talks of the love of Jesus and how we should listen and want to hear Jesus' love song to us. It's definitely a catchy song that gets stuck in my head throughout the day. So positive and encouraging!
  2. "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" by Hillsong United - Y'all...I heard this song for like maybe the first or second time at my church last Sunday...and was just overcome by how closely I could relate to the lyrics of this song. It's a beautiful song about trust, calling to our Lord and Savior, and truly relying and resting in Him "when oceans rise." It's an 8 minute and 56 second song, but oh, how it pierces my heart and convicts me!
  3. "Hush Hush" by Avril Lavigne - I didn't even know Avril Lavigne was still making music, but sure enough she is! I can still remember her "Complicated" days...but yeah, this song is very simple, but has a lullaby effect. I think I like it so much because it really expresses how I've felt a few times in the past due to some unfortunate experiences. And really, what I told myself was that I shouldn't ask questions (even though I had so many), but I should just be silent. And I remained silent, until I finally couldn't take it any longer and cried out to my God for strength because I could no longer stay in the silence of my depressed state. Good song. Totally relatable.
  4. "The Way" by Ariana Grande - Does anyone else think that Ariana Grande has an amazing voice that brings them back to the Ashanti days?(Does anyone even know who Ashanti is anymore?) I love the feel of her music and just how much it makes me wanna dance. This is definitely a song I jam out to a lot. 
  5. "Sippin' on Sunshine" by Avril Lavigne - another Avril Lavigne song. Seriously, this song just bursts with happiness. I long for spring or summer days every single time I listen to it! Another great jammin' song. This song and "The Way" are definitely songs I do my hair to LOL

The Word

  • What I've been reading: I read Psalm 3 first, the Proverb of the day, and right now, I'm bouncing around in the New Testament on which book I should read. I want to read John, but then I also want to read Romans and I also want to dig back into Hebrews again because it was a challenge for me to read it during the summer because it was a little hard for me to understand. So many books to choose from!
  • Why I'm reading it: Well, I read Psalm 3 first because one day, I called Pa because I was having a breakdown. I cried and explained my frustrations and struggles and he read me Psalm 3:1-5. I brought my Bible out and read along with him, the tears returning to my eyes. Being read this psalm really encouraged me and reminded me how much the Lord sustains me. A peace in my heart settled in so well. And I normally try to read the Proverb of the day to get some bits of wisdom from good ole King Solomon. 
  • What I've learned so far: Just being reminded daily that "the LORD sustains me" is SUCH A MAJOR LESSON FOR ME. Like I said, I am just like Israel in that i am continuously falling back into my sin and relying on myself and other things to make me happy or to fix my problems, when God is right beside me, asking that I just surrender and allow Him to sustain me. It's still a battle to remember to submit every morning, but it truly is a great way to start the day!

Threads

So, the mountain weather is as bi-polar as usual. It will be FREEZING COLD, then sort of chilly, to the sun shining, and then as the evening settles in, it gets colder, the fog will stop by, it'll rain, and then the temperature will drop again...ALL IN ONE DAY!!!! So, what is my favorite piece of clothing right now? I'd have to say sweaters or just long-sleeved tees. I am a bit limited on what I have, but it's a big enough variety to where something different every day and every week. Stripes, plaid, black and white, pink, "I <3 CA" text, you name it! They're definitely keeping me warm in this period of weird weather transition!


Hooray! Another blog post completed! \(^^)/

And, oh my word, I just looked at the time and saw that it's about 1am. I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago because I gotta get up early to have breakfast with my sister and Grandpa at Cracker Barrel tomorrow morning! (YUM.)

So, I gotta go! Love and blessings to you all! Enjoy your weekend!!!!!

love ya!
*~.Mishy.~* (^^) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)