Friday, April 12, 2013

the great ACHOOOOO!!!!

The past week and a half has been just BEAUTIFUL. The sun's been shining, there's blue skies and white puffy clouds, the grass is greener than ever and the trees and flowers have bloomed...

...and if the trees and flowers have bloomed, that just means one thing...

...POLLEN.

The dreaded yellow dusty stuff that is pretty much EVERYWHERE since spring officially came. I haven't been taking my prescribed allergy medicine for about a year now, thinking that I was completely over my allergies. Yeah, kinda ridiculous since I'm allergic to like 15 types of trees, 4 types of grasses, dogs (even though I've been surrounded by dogs during the entire summer and my eyes haven't shed a tear...), and other things that I never knew I was allergic to. Fexofenadine is the best thing that's happened to me since then.

But then I stopped taking it. I never sneezed. My throat never itched. My eyes never watered. After two or three weeks of not taking it, I raised my arms to the skies and could hear the "Hallelujah Chorus" as I told myself that I was no longer in need of my meds. It was a miracle!

Fast forward to now and cue a throat so dry and itchy that I was losing my voice. Thankfully my eyes hadn't started pouring out waterfalls and I hadn't sneezed, but dang, after a few days of my throat bothering me, I finally had to go go Nurse Barb who diagnosed me with allergies. Apparently the pollen count is a whopping 1200. No wonder my throat was trying to get my attention...

And so now, I am extremely jealous of many people on this campus who can go outside, lay out in a hammock, play soccer, or just enjoy the sunny day without a hint of a sneeze. A couple of days ago, I couldn't go outside without feeling like my throat was inflamed and my whole head was heavy as a brick. :P Such a gross feeling.

Not to mention that every time I talk to someone, they look at me and ask, "Are you sick?" To which I reply with a sigh, "No. It's allergies."

I am fully aware that my eyes are puffy, my nose is stuffy, and my voice sounds like a man's. But I didn't realize it was all that obvious...sorry for being such a horrifying sight and scaring half of the campus. Puffy eyes are just the new look this spring, and I am ROCKIN' IT.

Not to mention, because of the crazy amount of schoolwork I've had to do, I've been going to bed at like 3 and 4am, giving me only 3-4 hours of sleep to go on the next day. Needless to say, my body just felt worse. So last night I got 9 hours of wonderful sleep. But I'm about ready to take another nap, just because my body is still trying to catch up from losing last week's sleep.

There are always some positive things that I'm thankful for...


  1. Meds, Meds, Meds. I was kind of worried because Nurse Barb only gave me enough Claritin to last me a week. What would I do if my mom couldn't get my medicine in time and I ran out? Well thankfully, there are people on my hall who have allergies as well, and they've got Claritin and Benedryl all ready for me if I need it.
  2. This is the air I breathe. Sure, my nose is a little stuffy, and my throat was itchy, but at least I could still breathe
  3. It's on the way! My mom called me today and told me that she just sent my medicine and should be in next week. My giant, beautiful bottle of Fexofenadine is on its way here to Covenant to relieve me of my allergies. I will be ready to explore the outdoor world!!!
  4. Hakuna Matata. Dr. Davis spoke in chapel today on worry and how we as humans continuously depend on ourselves for everything. With my allergies, classes finishing up, finals after that, and then having to pack up all of my stuff to go home, it's good to rely and depend on God, knowing He cares for me and won't fail me.

Y'all, I am so ready for the Pollen Relief Plan to begin: a pill a day will keep the sneezes, stuffy noses, and man voices away! (^^) And 'tis FRIDAY. Ready to take a Spanish test, work out, go to a musical, and hopefully go to bed early again. Sleep is so valuable these days...

Enjoy your day and your weekend! 

LOVE Y'ALL!
*~.Mishy.~* (^^) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)