Sunday, December 16, 2012

12-person Chats, Google Plus Hangouts, Hedgehogs...

CHRISTMAS BREAK!!! (^^) DAY #3:

Yes. I have survived my first semester as a freshman at Covenant College. How I got through it was by God's grace alone because I know there were times when I stayed up too late talking and goofing off...
went to one too many dance parties...
went off the mountain to Walmart and Coolidge Park when I should've been sleeping...
drank way too many cups of coffee...
and did numerous things that could have waited until my homework was done.

 And seeing my grades so far has truly helped me see that God is good.


Yes, He is good. And faithful too.


Now, I'm back home for the first time in, like, 5 MONTHS. (O.O) Craziness and UH-MAZINGNESS! I got to hangout with Bria and Karen at the mall AND in downtown Savannah (a place that I always dreaded going to, but have now fallen in love with because I realize how awesome it is and how much I miss it). It was a really fun time, a great breather from the hectic semester I've survived.


I ended up at Bria's house after leaving downtown Savannah, and I checked my Facebook...


Sure enough, there were over 40 messages in my little inbox from the 12-person chat Jess started today. Our little "Coon Cult" or, as the chat is now called "Christmas Unicorn Cult" (thanks to Jonathan) is one huge blessing that God has placed in my life. They are a bright light that shines when the darkness of everyday life creeps in. 


And I miss them with every fiber of my being. 


We all decided to get Google Plus accounts so we could have a "hangout" and video chat to actually see each others' faces and hear each others voices. It was magical. Yes, magical. As we all sat in our own homes in different parts of the country (Delaware, Kansas, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina), we talked about what we usually talked about: random things. And we laughed, and stalked each others Facebook profiles.


Magic. (Haha, and as I type the word "magic," I can only think of Marinah and Michael... :) )


Don't get me wrong: I love my family. I love Mom, Pa, and Grandpa. I love my sisters, Kae'sha and Annabelle. I love being in the house I grew up in, sleeping in my own bed, eating Mom's homecooked food....


But that second family at college, that group of people who I've been encouraged by, had fun times with, shared inside jokes with, etc. for the past month-and-a-half...there's just something special about it. And being able to talk to them face-to-face (sorta) about things like HEDGEHOGS...that was special. 


I miss them so much, and I thank God everyday that each and every one of them is in my life. They have a special place in my heart. They are my ULTIMATE HAPPY FACE. (^^) (^^) (^^)


Until tomorrow on a Google Plus hangout, y'all. (^^) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated! :)